Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cabomba furcata

Digital Art by Samit Roy

Cabomba furcata (2004)

As a kid, I used to spend almost every bit of my pocket money and piggybank savings for all those glass jars and bowls and glass tanks and little colorful fishes. Later, as I grew up, I started becoming much serious about this hobby. I realized that an aquarium is not a spectacular toy or showpiece like a marble statue or porcelain flower vase on the center table. Rather it is a living mechanism; breathing, growing, aging, just like us.

As I started spending more time with them, a completely new world was unfurled before me. I was moved by the works and philosophies of Karen Randall, the spectacle and organic beauty of Amano Takashi’s aquascapes. I started enjoying the joy of working on a visual composition with living and growing splashes of colors, which keeps on changing every moment. It is a real challenge to foresee the patterns that your plants might create when they grow up and to provide all required elements and environment that they might require.

Click here to visit my Aquarium Blog at http://aquasamit.blogspot.com



No comments: